20.11.13

Hello all,

My name is Ron Brown and I'm an Indie Game Developer and Designer, I have been Game Deving for about 11 years now, but haven't officially released any of my projects. I started in 2002 with a small team made up of myself and a good high school friend messing about with RPG Maker and RPG Maker 2 for the PlayStation 1 & 2.

After a few years of just for fun, I decided that I wanted to focus on being serious with Game Design and eventually went to college for it. Since 2002 I ran a small group under the name of PsiGames Inc. and now working alone under Mage Cap Games.

I've always had a love for gaming since I received an old Atari my mother owned, to my first NES I got for Christmas. I have a bit of an obsession with retro 2D games, I just love the feel of them and making something so simple burst to life with beautiful Pixel Art and an awesome story.

A few of my titles I've put a lot of work in( I have tons, but three I hold dear to my heart), are Lute, a 2D action platformer where you control a young boy who gained super powers, and an awesome suit, in a mysterious way. Little Fishes, a Pac-Man style game where you have the choice of three different fish types to control though various level gobbling up any and all earthworms the fishermen above lost, and last but not least Coloration, a 2D platformer where you control a grey man that travels around his universe collect crayons to get his color back.

I never completely finished either(doing everything by myself), but I will include the demo version of Little Fishes, at the end of this posting. I am still mostly a one man team, but I have a really awesome and talented friend that lends me his help from time to time.

Enough about me, let me explain a bit about what Indie W.I.Ps is. I have always loved the Indie community, and how helpful and down to earth a large majority of Indie Devs and Designers are, so this is my way of giving back to you all, and showing support to the community.

I will be highlighting the Works In Progress of various Indie Devs and Designers, and keeping in touch with them over the progress of their projects while bringing it to you all so you can also support, and look forward to their projects.

Every Wednesday will be the day I post the "Top W.I.P" of the week, and hopefully get a small interview to go along with screen shots, concept art, and information about the game project. I welcome all Indie Devs and Designers to send me their W.I.Ps to showcase, and can be reached at magecapgames@gmail.com. I look forward to seeing all of the awesome projects being created for our pleasure.

Little Fishes Demo: Click Me

Next
Newer Post
Previous
This is the last post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment